There are different types of poker played in different casinos of the world. Naturally, they are not identical. However, one great thing with them is that they all adhere to the basics rules of poker. So, if you are taking the game seriously and want to be a master, you should understand the rules and basic factors that will help you understand the game better and take a better grip of it.
Essentially, there are three basic rules of poker. The counting of the deck starts with 2. Thus, the Ace becomes the highest card. You can use only 5 cards, from yours and on the table, to make the best hand. Among the players, one who has the strongest hand wins the game. Now, the rule demands that you know the strength of your hand to go for the bet. Interestingly, there are certain patterns of cards that decide the strength of your hand. It is very important that you know them. Here is the list starting from the strongest poker hand rankings:
· Royal flush: This is considered to be the strongest hand in poker. Well, it is rare and seen more in poker DVD videos than in reality. As a rule it demands that you have Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of one suit to make a Royal Flush.
· Straight Flush: The second most powerful situation is the Straight Flush where you have to have five consecutive numbers of a single suit. However, unlike the Royal Flush, the value of the card is lower as it is Jack, 10, 9, 8, and 7.
· Four of a Kind: This is the third most powerful hand. As the name suggests, here you have to possess four cards of the same number. However, if more than one player has similar hands, the hand with the greater value will win the game.
· Full House: To make a Full House, you need to have three cards of one number and the rest of the two, another. Similar rules to four of a Kind will be applied if multiple players have made it.
· Flush: The next position belongs to flush where all the five cards should be of the same suite. Number is not a matter here. In case another player has made it, the value of the highest card will determine the winner.
· Straight: If you have five cards in the numerical order though, not of the same suit, you have made a straight. Again, the highest card will be decisive in time of a tie.
· Three of a Kind: This is when you have three cards of the same number. The other does not mean anything here. The principle of higher cards prevailing in the tie is also prevalent here as well.
· Two Pair: When you possess a pair of cards with the same numerical value. Thus you may have a hand with 5, 5, Jack, Jack and 9 to make the Two Pair. Here, the highest ranked pair is the winner in times of tie.
· One Pair: Naturally, if you have one of the pairs, you have one pair.
· High Card: This comes into play when you have none of the combinations mentioned above. Basically, if no one has made any hand, the owner of the highest card among them wins the game.
To be a proficient poker player, you need to learn the poker hand rankings by heart and do a lot of practice.
Poker hand rankings are one of the most important aspects of any poker game. When playing poker online free, especially fast online poker games such as Texas Holdem Poker, you need to be able to quickly discern which cards are needed to create a better poker hand.
Beginners often find themselves losing their first few games by not being able to identify which cards offer the best opportunities to build a really strong hand. It’s fairly simple to understand the poker hand rankings if you just take a little time to study them.
Remember that when you’re playing Texas Hold’em poker you are trying to create the best 5-card poker hand from a total of 7 cards. There are 2 hole or pocket cards and 5 communal cards. You may use any combination to create your best hand. You may even use all five communal cards.